Hp 6930

Discussion in 'Imaging - Bootworks/Rdeploy' started by Yiddo, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Yiddo New Member

Hi,

We have just taken delivery of a HP 6930 laptop here which uses ICH9 SATA drivers.

I have gone through our usual procedure for adding drivers in and our scripted build can see and format the HDD in WinPE when SATA is configured in the BIOS to either IDE or RAID mode. If it's configured to AHCI mode it can't see the HDD any more in WinPE. Has anybody else managed to get this working?

We are running DS 6.8

Thanks,

Dan
  2. gdellaccio New Member

Yes we have

We had this same problem with the 6930p. It has to do with the odd nature of the txtoem file. Once you download it from the HP site (it is the Intel Storage Matrix Softpaq). You need to manuelly manipulate it, and change the scsi= line from IaStor=*** to Iaachi=**

You need to know the version of SATA the 6930p needs to reference when booting. On our version we changed it to ICHM9_E/M (paraphrasing). If you have a clean install of XP with all the drivers loaded from scratch, you can find out what file this is.

Once found and changed int he TXTOEM, you need to re-create your PXE boot file, and select the correct NIC and the SATA files. I do this by dumping both the NIC and SATA drivers into one folder and selecting the 'Have Disk' option during NIC selection.

Changing the TXTOEM file is the hardest part of this process, but not impossible.

Keep in mind that while you may be able to boot the machine to WinPE, deploying an image with this drier requires re-sysprepping your base image to account for these new mass storage drivers. If not, the imaged computer WILL blue screen

Hope that helps
  3. Yiddo New Member

TOP MAN!!!:buddies:
    Downloaded the softpak this morning and after a bit of fiddling I have finally got it going.

Further good news is we aren't using images at the moment we have an scripted install so should have the build up and working very soon!

Thanks a lot mate!!
  4. jebba Member

got the imaging part to work, but how did you guys get pat the BSOD after image?
  5. gdellaccio New Member

Rebuild

Most likely you will need to re-build not only the PXE file, but the core image as well. (depending on how you build images)

Make sure your "pre-Sysprep" image has the new MSD included in the sysprep. If you are using HII Tool you also need to update the MSD folder with the correct drivers, etc.

Re-sysprep, and re-pull the image. And try again while injecting all the drivers.

The process differs on how you build each image, I am coming from a HII using HII Tool.

All of this will prevent the Blue screen

Hope that helps
  6. Brandon Active Member

If you don't have some of the HII tools you can do it manually. I added this to my core image sysprep.inf in the MassStorage section before sealing it:
    Code:
    [FONT=Tahoma]PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DF&CC_0104=[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]%systemdrive%\drivers\MSD\IMver5\iastor.inf ;[/FONT][COLOR=blue][FONT=Tahoma] Intel(R) 82801ER SATA RAID Controller[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [FONT=Tahoma]PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_25B0&CC_0104=[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]%systemdrive%\drivers\MSD\IMver5\iastor.inf ;[/FONT][COLOR=blue][FONT=Tahoma] Intel(R) 6300ESB SATA RAID Controller[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [FONT=Tahoma]PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0104=[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]%systemdrive%\drivers\MSD\IMver7\iastor.inf ;[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] [COLOR=blue]Intel(R) 82801FR SATA RAID Controller[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma]PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0106=[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]%systemdrive%\drivers\MSD\IMver7\iaahci.inf ; [/FONT][COLOR=blue][FONT=Tahoma]Intel(R) 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [FONT=Tahoma]PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2653&CC_0106=[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]%systemdrive%\drivers\MSD\IMver7\iaahci.inf ;[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] [COLOR=blue]Intel(R) 82801FBM SATA AHCI Controller[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma]PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2682&CC_0104=[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]%systemdrive%\drivers\MSD\IMver8\iastor.inf ;[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] [COLOR=blue]Intel(R) 631xESB/632xESB SATA RAID Controller[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma]PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C3&CC_0104=[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]%systemdrive%\drivers\MSD\IMver8\iastor.inf ;[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] [COLOR=blue]Intel(R) 82801GR/GH SATA RAID Controller[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma]PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C6&CC_0104=[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]%systemdrive%\drivers\MSD\IMver8\iastor.inf ;[/FONT][COLOR=blue][FONT=Tahoma]Intel(R) 82801GHM SATA RAID Controller[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [FONT=Tahoma]PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2822&CC_0104=[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]%systemdrive%\drivers\MSD\IMver8\iastor.inf ;[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] [COLOR=blue]Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R SATA RAID Controller[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma]PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_282A&CC_0104=[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]%systemdrive%\drivers\MSD\IMver8\iastor.inf ;[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] [COLOR=blue]Intel(R) 82801HEM SATA RAID Controller[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma]PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2681&CC_0106=[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]%systemdrive%\drivers\MSD\IMver8\iaahci.inf ;[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] [COLOR=blue]Intel(R) 631xESB/632xESB SATA AHCI Controller[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma]PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C1&CC_0106=[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]%systemdrive%\drivers\MSD\IMver8\iaahci.inf ;[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] [COLOR=blue]Intel(R) 82801GR/GH SATA AHCI Controller[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma]PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C5&CC_0106=[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]%systemdrive%\drivers\MSD\IMver8\iaahci.inf ;[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] [COLOR=blue]Intel(R) 82801GBM SATA AHCI Controller[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma]PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2821&CC_0106=[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]%systemdrive%\drivers\MSD\IMver8\iaahci.inf ;[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] [COLOR=blue]Intel(R) 82801HR/HH/HO SATA AHCI Controller[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma]PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2829&CC_0106=[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]%systemdrive%\drivers\MSD\IMver8\iaahci.inf ;[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] [COLOR=blue]Intel(R) 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma]PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2922&CC_0106=[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]%systemdrive%\drivers\MSD\IMver8\iaahci.inf ;[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] [COLOR=blue]Intel(R) ICH9 SATA AHCI Controller[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma]PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2929&CC_0106[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]=[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]%systemdrive%\drivers\MSD\IMver8\iaahci.inf ;[COLOR=blue] Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma]PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A02&CC_0106=[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]%systemdrive%\drivers\MSD\IMver8\iaahci.inf ; [/FONT][COLOR=blue][FONT=Tahoma]Intel(R) ICH10D/DO SATA AHCI Controller[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [FONT=Tahoma]PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A22&CC_0106=[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]%systemdrive%\drivers\MSD\IMver8\iaahci.inf ; [/FONT][COLOR=blue][FONT=Tahoma]Intel(R) ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller[/FONT][/COLOR]

That should account for all the Intel Matrix drivers which you can download and extract (usually -A or -A -A, check readme.txt) to add to the image. Your path in the image may differ.

See link for XP Pro Intel Matrix Drivers - Download Search Results
  7. jebba Member

this is odd
    I did add that to the sysprep - thing is, even if I change the Bios AHCI OR IDE, I get the BSOD :banghead:
  8. gerardsweeney Member

I could be barking up the wrong tree completely here..

When I was doing my HII stuff, I found that it worked absolutely fine for a base XP2 patchless image, but then I'd get a BSOD when it came to doing my main image (patched with apps)..

It'd usually BSOD with an 0x50 error, which had next to no information anywhere.

After hundreds of images later, it transpired that the part which was killing it was when I copied down the HAL files using Firm.

There are a couple of patches which update the main HAL files, and they really don't like being overwritten - even if it's with the same versions.

I also found that FIRM in DOS mode was a bit kludgy, where certain file operations wouldn't always work first time, which is why my DOS scripts have certain functions being done 2-3 times, just in case.

This might be of no help whatsoever :)

Cheers,
    Gerard