Imaging an AHCI laptop with an IDE image

Discussion in 'Imaging - Bootworks/Rdeploy' started by JMRoberts, Jul 3, 2009.

1. JMRoberts New Member

Is there any way to do this? On most of the new laptops we can get around it by setting sata mode from AHCI to legacy, but on some (for example the Tosh A200) there is no option, even after a bios update.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  2. snapdad Member

It has been awhile since I did this, but I think this is what I did.

Copy the AHCI driver to %systemroot%\system32\drivers. Add the AHCI driver to the SysprepMassStorage section of your sysprep file. Then add this reg entry:

Code:
    [B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\CriticalDeviceDatabase\pci#ven_8086&dev_2922&cc_0106][/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]"Service"="iaStor"[/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]"ClassGUID"="{4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}"[/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor][/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]"Type"=dword:00000001[/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]"Start"=dword:00000000[/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]"Group"="SCSI miniport"[/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]"ErrorControl"=dword:00000001[/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]"ImagePath"="system32\\drivers\\iaStor.sys"[/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]"tag"=dword:00000019[/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]"DisplayName"="Intel AHCI Controller"[/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Parameters][/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]"queuePriorityEnable"=dword:00000000[/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Enum][/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]"0"="PCI\\VEN_8086&DEV_2922&SUBSYS_B0051458&REV_02\\3&13c0b0c5&0&FA"[/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]"Count"=dword:00000001[/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]"NextInstance"=dword:00000001[/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR]

3. Brandon Active Member